1. Lets start with the weather: There's a chance of showers Friday into Saturday, but not to fret. The weather will clear, according to the National Weather Service, with temperatures around 80 daytime through the weekend and clear skies for Saturday's fireworks and Sunday's road race and parade.
2. The festival draws more than twice the town's population in visitors - an estimated 100,000 visitors come through the festival over the course of the two weekends. The town's population is roughly 43,500.
3. Highlight #1: Fireworks. As the festival grew in the past decade, the town brought back a tradition lost years ago. For more, click the link provided.
4. One of the longest lines you will find at the at the festival belongs to Zion Lutheran Church's Apple Fritters. The church uses a family recipe that has been passed along since 1969. For more, check out their Facebook page.
5. All the details for the festival, including brochure and links, are available here!
- If you have an event you'd like to promote, post it on Patch's awesome calendar.
- Do you have an opinion? Post it on Speak Out!
- Do you have something to announce to the world?
- Are you a business in town with news?
- Do you have something you'd like to sell, trade or buy?
Make sure to like Southington Patch on Facebook or follow on Twitter for breaking news, daily updates and more!