COMMERCIAL REALTOR TOM HILL TO GUEST HOST WATR RADIO’S POPULAR “TALK OF THE TOWN” SHOW AUGUST 23 TO 29
Commercial realtor Tom Hill, III, CCIM/SIOR, a recognized ‘business and radio personality’ throughout Connecticut, announced he will guest host WATR Radio’s popular “Talk of the Town” show for Larry Rifkin on 1320-AM and www.watr.com Thursday, August 23 through Wednesday, August 29, 2012. “Talk of Town” is one of Connecticut’s longest running, and most popular, local radio talk programs. The show airs on WATR 1320 AM 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. Mondays through Fridays, and WATR recently celebrated its notably-impressive 75th anniversary.
“Talk of the Town’ is an extremely popular show,” stated Hill. “It truly is quite an honor to be asked to sit in for the very talented daily host Larry Rifkin. Larry is well known for his successful career with CPTV and especially his promotional hosting of UCONN Girls Basketball games on CPTV. ‘Talk of the Town’ is WATR's flagship talk program, with a huge and very loyal audience. Previously it was hosted by Ed Flynn and Jay Clark, so it’s quite an achievement to be included among such talents.” EMMY Award-winning “Talk of the Town” host Larry Rifkin is highly-respected for aptly combining his 35 years of public TV and commercial radio experience with 1320 News host Frank Marro and FOX NEWS for up to the minute breaking stories during the course of each program.
“Hosting ‘Talk of the Town’,” commented Hill, “will provide me with an excellent and up-to-the-minute opportunity to learn what people are thinking and talking about in our region. It truly is a very exciting opportunity, especially with so much happening in the region including the high- profile merger of the Waterbury and Saint Mary Hospitals, the area’s political races, the congressional and senatorial primaries, and breaking news every day.”
A well-known and successful commercial real estate practitioner in the Waterbury, Watertown, Middlebury and Naugatuck region for the past 30 years, Tom Hill is well-versed in the community and political happenings of the Greater Waterbury region. His Tom Hill Realty & Investment, LLC brokerage and advisory firm in Waterbury provides services to businesses and industries throughout New Haven, Fairfield, Litchfield, and Hartford Counties.
“With so much happening every day, AM talk radio,” stated Hill, “is a viable platform for listeners to be a vocal part of the community, political and government process by expressing their opinions and suggestions. Radio is especially big during this political year as it provides a viable, instant venue for active listeners to obtain an understanding of current issues and gauge the pulse of the community.” Hill typically spends five hours of preparation to host his two-hour "Special Edition Saturday" program on WATR 1320 AM which will begin airing again on Saturday, September 15 and will run through December 15, 2012. “It will be especially interesting to guest host five three-hour live shows August 23rd to August 29th,” stated Hill. “The opportunity is bound to increase and enhance my communications skills.”
In 2011, Tom Hill earned two prestigious designations in the commercial realty industry: CCIM designation from the Commercial Investment Real Estate Institute www.ccim.com), plus the highly-regarded SIOR designation by the Society of Industrial & Office Realtors. Hill is only 1 of 10,000 of the 80,000 commercial real estate agents nationwide who holds the CCIM designation, also known as the "Ph.D." of commercial real estate. The application process obtain the SIOR designation took almost three years to complete and Hill qualified on industrial transactions totaling over 13 million dollars (www.sior.com).
“These dual designations are extremely rare to accomplish,” stated Hill who is one of only 900 dual designees around the world to hold both the CCIM and SIOR designations. These distinguished designations come from Hill’s completion of real estate transactions in nearly every facet of commercial, industrial and investment real estate.
A highly-active, accomplished entrepreneur in Connecticut, Tom Hill is also:
- Owner of Tom Hill Realty & Investment, LLC, in Waterbury, CT.
- Host of the Tom Hill Show on WATR 1320-AM every Saturday following 15 years of hosting a regular Friday morning show on WATR and subbing regularly for other on air personalities at WATR-Radio.
- Interviewee and co-host 105 times on former Connecticut Governor John Rowland’s and pastor Will Marrotti “State & Church” broadcast on WTIC 1080 AM where Hill has been labeled “Real Estate Guru to the Stars”.
- A member of the Commercial Brokers Association of Greater Danbury (CBA), The Waterbury Regional Chamber, and one of the original founders of the NYC CCIM Chapter, the New Haven Commercial Investment Division, and other significant business groups.
- Former Interim Economic Development Director for the City of Torrington.
- Guest announcer at Lime Rock Park/speaker and contributor to Wind Tunnel on Speed Extra.
- MC of numerous charitable events throughout Connecticut, New York and Massachusetts.
- The Voice of Griskus (http://patgriskustri.com/) Hill, an accomplished tri-athlete, was the announcer/entertainer for Olympic Triathlon held June 16, 2012 at Lake Quassapaug Amusement Park in Middlebury, Connecticut where over 600 finely trained athletes participated in the race.
For more information, visit www.Tomhill.com or contact him directly at 203-206-8631.To listen live to WATR radio online, visit www.watr.com.