It may not feel like it just yet, but the holidays and December are upon us once again and for residents in town, the festivities will kick off over the next several days with the town's two annual events "Christmas in the Village" and Hospitality night.
The events are open, free of charge, to residents and business owners of all ages. Take a look at the listings below and choose which, or both, you'd like to attend.
We hope to see you out there!
Christmas in the Village
Dec. 1, tree lighting at 5:30 p.m. with the event to follow from 6 to 9 p.m.
Downtown Plantsville, along Route 10.
This event will provide fun opportunities for kids "from 1 to 92" and includes a tree lighting, refreshments, a visit from Jolly Ole St. Nick. The event is hosted by the .
From the Southington town website:
- Santa lighting the trees on the Plantsville Town Green at 5:30 PM
- Refreshments, discounts & raffles at all participating Village Merchants
- DJ with Christmas music
- Horse-drawn trolley & hot popcorn at Wells Fargo Bank
- Santa Claus at the Firehouse with treats for children & silent auction for adults
- Mrs. Claus at CMC Computers with treats for children
- 12 Miss Greater Southington carolers
- Bonfire & roasted chestnuts, music & treats at Faith Living Church
- Brass Trumpet Ensemble - Middle School kids at the Firehouse
- Christmas Strollers from The Arc
- Elf with balloon animals for children
- Dean's Stove Shop with Christmas surprises and The Salvation Army Band
- Jaycees with treats for children outside the Firehouse
- And much more!
Dec. 2, tree lighting at 5:30 p.m. with the event to follow from 6 to 9 p.m.
Downtown Southington near the .
Much like Christmas in the village, the 29th Annual Hospitality Night, hosted by the Merchants of Downtown Southington, will include a wide variety of opportunities for local residents, including the following:
- Lighting of the Southington Town Green at 5:30 pm
- Horse-drawn wagon rides
- Face painting
- Meet Santa at Bank of America
- Write & decorate letters to Santa at The Southington Citizen office
- "Merchant Walk" contest to win gift baskets & prizes
- Bake sale & auction at First Congregational Church (auction begins at 7 pm)
- Open House, hot apple cider & the Southington Chamber Singers at the Barnes Museum
There are no storm dates for either event.