No, literally - and sooner than you might think.
Southington and Plantsville will come together for the annual 'Christmas in the Village' and 'Hospitality Night' celebrations this week, starting with the Plantsville Celebration on Thursday night from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
'Christmas in the Village' is an annual celebration in the downtown section of Plantsville in which all local businesses and organizations on Main Street and South Main Street open their doors and residents will get a chance to enjoy fun, refreshments and other opportunities.
Faith Living Church will host a bonfire for residents, with the chestnuts roasting on open flame of course, and there will be horse rides and other activities. There will also be a special visit from Santa Claus, coming courtesy of the Plantsville Fire Department.
The event is open to the public and free of charge.
This is just a start though as the Merchants of Downtown Southington and local businesses transform Center Street and the Southington Town Green into a bustling winter wonderland.
The 31st Annual Hospitality night includes the following, according to the town website:
- Complimentary Horse-Drawn Wagonette Rides
- Open House at Many Local Businesses (featuring free refreshments & goodies)
- Visit with Santa and his Elves at Bank of America
- Write Letters to Santa at TD Bank
- Southington Chamber Singers & Open House at the Barnes Museum
- Open House, Bake Sale & Auction at First Congregational Church
- Free Wine Tasting at Cork and Brew
- Holiday Craft Fair at the Mason Lodge sponsored by Wolf Central
- ...and much, much more!
The event runs from 5:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. and is free to the public. For more information, click the link provided.
YOUR TAKE: What is your favorite activity or place to visit in town around the holidays?
Make sure to like Southington Patch on Facebook and follow on Twitter for breaking news, daily updates and more!