'Tis the season for joy and community celebration and Southington's annual hospitality night will bring businesses together in an effort to promote both on Friday evening.
The 30th Annual Hospitality Night, hosted by the Downtown Merchants Association, will take place this Friday from 5:30 - 8:30 p.m. and residents of the area are encouraged to enjoy food, fun and festivities hosted at various locations in the downtown area.
The annual celebration traditionally draws hundreds of visitors as residents can take part in a variety of activities from sleigh slides (well, horse drawn wagons) to writing letters to Santa and much more.
Let Patch save you time. Get great local stories like this delivered right to your inbox or smartphone every day with our free newsletter. Simple, fast sign-up here.
Some highlights of the event include:
- Lighting of the Southington Town Green at 5:30 p.m.
- Horse-drawn wagon rides.
- Write a letter to Santa at TD Bank.
- Meet Santa at Bank of America.
- "Merchant Walk" contest to win gift baskets & prizes.
- Bake sale, raffle, silent & live auctions at First Congregational Church (Preview/Silent Auction at 6 p.m.; Live Auction at 7 p.m.).
- Open House, hot apple cider & the Southington Chamber Singers at the Barnes Museum.
There is no storm date for this event - it will be held rain (or snow) or shine. "Merchant Walk" maps and instructions can be picked up at any participating downtown area business.
Want to know what it's all about? Take a look back at last year's event.
The event is free and all local residents are encouraged to attend. For more information, visit the town's website by clicking on the link provided.
Make sure to like Southington Patch on Facebook or follow on Twitter for breaking news, daily updates and more!