About two years ago, we launched Southington Patch with a pretty bold mission in mind: To make your life ridiculously easy.
That meant covering the biggest stories in town—from the murder of a West Street woman in front of her children to the ongoing fight to secure the Gura Building as a potential arts center—while also helping you share even the smallest feats of neighborly kindness or communicate with your customers.
At every turn we thought of new and better ways to deliver on our promise, which is why we’re so excited to premiere an improved Southington Patch next month.
Let Patch save you time. Get great local stories like this delivered right to your inbox or smartphone every day with our free newsletter. Simple, fast sign-up here.
Come mid-December you’ll be able to:
- Personalize Southington Patch by following groups. A few clicks makes your local news feed custom-fit to the topics you care about. Police blotter and shelter pets? Taxes and restaurant reviews? Why not?
- Better organize your day by creating groups of your own. Use Patch to plan a rec sports league or school fundraiser. Everyone can finally be on the same page—literally.
- Experience a better mobile Patch. We know you live on your smartphone—so we put everything you love about Patch in a smaller, more portable package.
- Share comments and photos more intuitively and much, much faster.
- Turn any blog or opinion piece into a mini-community of interest, complete with followers of your very own.
For a sneak peek, check out Long Beach (NY) Patch and let us know what you think. You can also ask any questions—large or small—by emailing Senior Regional Editor Elissa Bass at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also register your interest in forming a group right when the new Southington Patch launches here. We'll walk you through it!
Make sure to like Southington Patch on Facebook or follow on Twitter for breaking news, daily updates and more!