The heat is on, schools are out, the longest day of the year has passed. We have officially reached the true beginning of summer and many people are beginning their vacations, but the town continues to move along with several big meetings this week.
Take a look at what lies ahead this week, and be sure to tell us in the comments section below - what are you looking forward to this week?
Monday, June 25
- Southington Town Council, 7 p.m., in the Council Chambers at , 75 Main St.
Tuesday, June 26
- Middle Schools Building Committee, 4:30 p.m., at , 385 Pleasant St.
- Board of Finance Road Improvement Public Hearing, 5:45 p.m., in the training room at the , 69 Lazy Lane.
- Housing Authority, 7 p.m., at Zdunczyk Terrace, 500 Pleasant St.
- Zoning Board of Appeals, 7 p.m., in the Council Chambers at , 75 Main St.
Wednesday, June 27
- Self Insurance Committee, 4:30 p.m., in the Council Chambers at , 75 Main St.
- Southington CERT, 6:30 p.m., at the , 310 N. Main St.
Let Patch save you time. Get great local stories like this delivered right to your inbox or smartphone every day with our free newsletter. Simple, fast sign-up here.
Thursday, June 28
- Economic Development Strike Committee, 4:30 p.m., in the lower level conference room at , 75 Main St.
- Ordinance Committee, 5 p.m., in the lower level conference room at , 75 Main St.
Friday, June 29
No meetings scheduled.
For more information including agendas, visit the town's website by clicking on the link provided.
SHS VARSITY COMPETITION
The season at has drawn to a close. For more information including directions, visit the CIAC Sports website by clicking on the link.
OTHER MAJOR EVENTS
STEPS Tree Dedication
Tuesday, June 26, 5:30 p.m., at , Maxwell Noble Drive in Plantsville.
For more information on the event, be sure to read Dick Fortunato's blog .
Music on the Green
Wednesday, June 27, 7 p.m., at the , 75 Main St.
"Beatles Forever" - Top hit songs created by the Beatles, sponsored by Aqua Turf Club. Rain Date, June 28. Call the at (860) 276-6219 for more information.
Drive-In Movie Night
Saturday, June 30, at the , 966 Meriden-Waterbury Turnpike in Plantsville.
The Southington Drive-In season continues this week with "The Bad News Bears (1976)," hosted by Southington Volunteer Fire Companies 1 & 2. Gates open at 6 p.m.; movies begin at sunset. Rain date is Sunday. Southington residents pay $10 a carload; non-residents pay $13 a carload. Walk-ins are welcome at $2 per person - please bring lawn chairs. Food vendors will be on site. Movies subject to change. For a complete schedule, .
Know something we forgot? Add it in the comments section below!
Make sure to like Southington Patch on Facebook or follow on Twitter for breaking news, daily updates and more!