Updated: Monday, Oct. 22 at 11 a.m.
Take a look at what lies ahead:
Monday, Oct. 22
- Southington Town Council, 7 p.m., in the Council Chambers at Southington Town Hall, 75 Main St. in Southington.
Tuesday, Oct. 23
- Middle Schools Building Committee, 4:30 p.m., at DePaolo Middle School, 385 Pleasant St. in Southington.
- Housing Authority, 7 p.m., at Lincoln Lewis Terrace, 43 Academy St. in Southington.
- Zoning Board of Appeals, 7 p.m., in the Council Chambers at Southington Town Hall, 75 Main St. in Southington.
Let Patch save you time. Get great local stories like this delivered right to your inbox or smartphone every day with our free newsletter. Simple, fast sign-up here.
Wednesday, Oct. 24
- Self Insurance Committee, 4:30 p.m., in the Council Chambers at Southington Town Hall, 75 Main St. in Southington.
Thursday, Oct. 25
- (CANCELLED) Economic Development STRIKE Committee, 4:30 p.m., in the Council Chambers at Southington Town Hall, 75 Main St. in Southington.
- Board of Education, 7 p.m., in the cafeteria at Strong Elementary School, 820 Marion Ave. in Plantsville.
Friday, Oct. 26
No meetings scheduled.
For more information including agendas, visit the town's website by clicking on the link provided.
OTHER MAJOR EVENTS
Halloween in the Village
Thursday, Oct. 25, 5:30 p.m., in Downtown Plantsville
A fun event for the whole family! Highlights of this event include:
- Halloween Music with a DJ
- Treats at all Participating Merchants
- Talula Belle the Clown, Costumed Characters & Eerie Decorations
- Karate and Dance Performances & Other Entertainment
- Costume Parade on the Walking Trail at 6:00 PM
- Pumpkin Carving at the Corner Lot
- Painted Pumpkin Contest on the Plantsville Green
Children ages 1-12 wishing to enter the Painted Pumpkin Contest are asked to drop off their pumpkins at the Plantsville Green on Wednesday, Oct. 24 or before 5 p.m. on Thursday, Oct. 25. Please tape your name & age to the bottom of the pumpkin. Winners will be announced at 7 p.m. on Thursday.
Halloween at the Drive-In
Saturday, Oct. 27. 2 p.m. at the Southington Drive-In, 935 Meriden-Waterbury Turnpike in Plantsville
Come for a Halloween Festival, stay for a movie (or two)! Festivities will begin at 2 p.m. The first movie, "Monster House," (Rated PG) will begin at 6 p.m. The second movie, "Halloween," (Rated R) will begin at approximately 8 p.m. After the first movie, any families wishing to leave the premises before the second (adult) movie begins will be allowed time to do so.
Southington High School Marching Band's Annual "Music Of The Knight" Marching Band Competition
Saturday, Oct. 27, at 2 pm; Location TBD
The location will either be Fontana Field at Southington HS or, if the turf is not ready in time, Cheshire High School. An announcement will be made mid-week. For more information, visit the link included above.
Sunday, Oct. 28, 1 p.m., at First Congregational Church, 37 Main St. in Southington
The walk begins and ends at the First Congregational Church on Main Street with 25-percent of the proceeds going to the local missions Bread for Life and Southington Community Services; the remainder will be used worldwide. This year some new features have been added. Two route options are now available. In addition to the traditional walking route, there will be a shorter, easier alternate route. Also, you can now sign up for the walk by joining a team, or start a team, or make donations online at www.cropwalkonline.org/southingtonct or at many local churches.
Know something we forgot? Add it in the comments section below!
Make sure to like Southington Patch on Facebook or follow on Twitter for breaking news, daily updates and more!