Oct. 14, 2013, is considered a government holiday, both state and federal,
in observance of Columbus Day. State and local government offices are
closed but many retail businesses are remaining open, along with a
bank or two.
Take a moment and check out what's open and what's closed to help you plan ahead before you end your summer right this Labor Day:
- Southington Town Hall: Closed
- Southington Public Library: Closed
- Southington schools: Closed
- Banks and U.S. Financial Market: Closed
TD Bank has announced that it will remain open on Monday, Oct. 14. Locations in Southington include:
900 Queen St.
921 Meriden Waterbury Turnpike
- U.S. Post Offices: Closed
- State Government Offices: Closed
- State Courts: Closed
- Liquor Stores: Open! No need to stock up early, just remember they run on holiday hours.
- Supermarkets: Open
- Retail stores: Open
- Southington Parks: Open under normal hours.
The Connecticut Department of Labor TeleBenefits Call Centers will also be closed for initial claims. Automated telephone and Internet system for filing unemployment insurance continued claims will be available.
Make sure to like Southington Patch on Facebook or follow on Twitter for breaking news, daily updates and more