A Copper Ridge man is dead and his wife hospitalized in what police suspect is a case of carbon monoxide poisoning, according to Southington police.
At 1:49 p.m., police received a 911 call from a woman at 445 Copper Ridge who said she found her husband on the basement floor unconscious. Authorities lost phone contact with the woman, and police, firefighters and AMR were dispatched to the scene.
When emergency responders arrived, police said they found the man and the woman both unconscious. The man was not breathing and was pronounced dead at the scene. His wife was brought to then flown via Life Star helicopter to an unspecified hospital in Rhode Island.
According to Southington police, the names of the victims are being withheld until next of kin is notified. The investigation is continuing.