Firefighters were forced to evacuate portions of the second floor offices at Clock Tower Square in the village of Plantsville Tuesday after detecting a minor gas leak in the building.
The office areas were evacuated as a precaution, officials with the Southington Fire Department said, after tests detected a small level of natural gas in the building. The gas leak was not determined to be a significant threat and there was no need for evacuation of the first floor, officials said.
The Tuesday afternoon leak was reported just after 1 p.m., officials said. There was no odor of gas when firefighters arrived.
Let Patch save you time. Get great local stories like this delivered right to your inbox or smartphone every day with our free newsletter. Simple, fast sign-up here.
No one was harmed by the leak, officials said.
Yankee Gas responded to the scene and officials with the utility company said they would be on scene for a few hours to address the issue. Businesses were expected to be able to reopen before the end of the business day.
Further details were not immediately available.
Make sure to like Southington Patch on Facebook and follow on Twitter for breaking news, daily updates and more!