Officers arrested two people in connection with a larceny scheme on Monday as charges were logged in four separate cases. Police were also busy as the Click-It or Ticket campaign continued and 13 people learned the hard way that you either wear your seatbelt or you will pay the price. Take a look back at the latest arrests in town.
The Southington Police Department reported the following arrests:
Fitzroy R. Lewis, 31, of 236 Maple St. in New Britain, was charged with misuse of marker plates, operating a motor vehicle without insurance and operating an unregistered motor vehicle, Dec. 10.
Diane Martell, 42, of 315 Willow St. in Waterbury, was charged with fifth-degree larceny and conspiracy to commit fifth-degree larceny, Dec. 10.
Let Patch save you time. Get great local stories like this delivered right to your inbox or smartphone every day with our free newsletter. Simple, fast sign-up here.
Gregory A. Via, 43, of 31 Chandler Drive in Prospect, was charged with fifth-degree larceny and conspiracy to commit fifth-degree larceny, Dec. 10.
Melissa L. Wallach, 42, of 68 Pepperidge Drive in Southington, was charged with sixth-degree larceny, Dec. 10.
Other stats from reported traffic stops and incidents:
- Thirteen (13) people were cited with failure to wear seatbelt.
- Three people were cited with operating an unregistered motor vehicle.
- One person was cited with failure to carry a license.
- One person was cited with failure to renew license.
- One person was cited with failure to obey stop sign/traffic signal.
- One person was cited with speeding/traveling too fast.
- One person was cited with having an improper number of headlights.
The preceding arrest information was provided by the Southington Police Department. It does not indicate a conviction.
Southington Patch does not report infractions as part of the arrest logs. For more information on what’s happening in town and who got cited for what, check out the Southington Police Department’s Facebook page.
Make sure to like Southington Patch on Facebook and follow on Twitter for breaking news, daily updates and more!