Erardi has been identified as one of the finalists for the position, he told faculty in an email this week, and is considered to be their candidate of choice. He would replace Newtown’s former superintendent Janet Robinson, who resigned in May 2013.
“He has been great for the town of Southington and our schools, home daycares, and facility daycares with preparing children for kindergarten. I understand why he would be a top candidate for Newtown and he would be missed in Southington,” said Amy Reed on the Southington Patch Facebook page. “Good Luck to Dr Erardi and his future goals!”
“Although I have a great deal of admiration for Dr. Erardi and all he has done for our children, the decision for him to go to Newtown is probably his greatest. He has been wonderful for our children and has supported them in every way possible,” said Joanne Skurat. “Losing Dr Erardi will be devastating for our community, but we could not be losing him to a more deserving community.”
But as is often the case, not everyone was excited either. Take a look at the Facebook Thread:
- Cyndi Johnston Strosahl Some people always celebrate when a supt. leaves. Southington has had some excellent superintendents, and each one has contributed to the excellence of education.
- Valerie Ragucci Bye, bye! Time to celebrate!
- Ami Petrillo-Michaud What a loss we will miss him!
- Shirley Adams Mason I was truly surprised to see this .. I have heard such good things about him.
- Doug Kalwat Hopefully he'll still continue to robocall us about football games from his new job.
- Ami Petrillo-Michaud Aww sorry about the bad experience Valerie Ragucci that stinks!
- Valerie Ragucci No, I do not and I'm not the only one.
- Ami Petrillo-Michaud I loved him.
- Valerie Ragucci he is going to be missed! Did you not like him?
- Kelly Votino A definite loss for Southington!
- Kristi Josephson Sunbury Disappointing for Southington but a great opportunity for Dr. Erardi.
- Michelle Hall Hancock While I would hate to see such a great superintendent leave....he has done so much for Southington, I can understand why Dr. Erardi is considering the change.
- Amy Reed He has been great for the town of Southington and our schools, home daycares, and facility daycares with preparing children for kindergarten. I understand why he would be a top candidate for Newtown and he would be missed in Southington! Good Luck to Dr Erardi and his future goals!
Make sure to like Southington Patch on Facebook or follow on Twitter for breaking news, daily updates and more!