The following is a press release from Dawn Miceli, president of the Southington Education Foundation.
The Southington Education Foundation will award more than $12,000 to seven schools in the district for educational enhancing programs during its Grants Reception at 4 p.m. Thursday, Jan. 17 at Derynoski Elementary School.
The public is encouraged to attend the reception to learn more about the following innovative and creative programming that local educators will implement in our public school classrooms:
- Southington High School’s Producing Biofuel from Algae.
- Countdown to Kindergarten at both South End and Kelley Elementary Schools.
- Strong Elementary School’s Ukulele Buddies.
- Thalberg School’s Tying Together Language.
- Literacy & Core State Standards with Braidy, Young Artists and Entrepreneurs at Derynoski Elementary School.
- DePaolo Middle School’s Student Savers.
Let Patch save you time. Get local news like this delivered right to your inbox or smartphone every day with our free newsletter. Simple, fast sign-up here.
The SEF acknowledges the support of the Derynoski administration as well as the school’s PTO, which will provide refreshments at the reception.
With this current dissemination of funds, the SEF to date has awarded nearly $100,000 to Southington Public Schools, which have all benefited from the SEF’s mission to instill a love of learning in students.
To support the SEF, please visit www.southingtoneducationfoundation.org or attend any of the group’s various fundraisers including the upcoming Outback Steakhouse fundraiser Saturday, Jan. 26, or the third annual Community Adult Spelling Bee on Thursday, April 4.
Make sure to like Southington Patch on Facebook and follow on Twitter for breaking news, daily updates and more!